With the holidays arriving, heartfelt baked treats are a great way to send an affordable personal gift or make a night at home extra special. Make these dreamy chocolate chip cookies featuring our dark or milk chocolate chips. Shop ingredients here.
This dough can be prepped ahead and frozen easily if you want to make a small quantity. See the bottom of the post for variation ideas on ingredients.
- 1.75 cup dark or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter or
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp hot water
- pinch of saffron
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- .5 tsp salt
- Garnishing flake salt
- 3 cups flour
Optional add ins
Designed to select one, for multiple please divide the mix so that it's only 1.5 cups max total. Save a little extra to decorate the top when they're cooling from the oven for a bit of wow factor.
- 1.5 cups Almonds
- 1.5 cups Walnuts and date
- 1 cup Pistachios and 2 tsp dried rose
- Dried tart cherry or other fruit like orange
- 1.5 cups of something else - let us know what you come up with in the comments below!
- Heat oven to 325, prepare a baking sheet or two with a silicon liner or non-stick spray.
- Warm water and measure 2 tsp, add 1 pinch of saffron to brew.
- In a mixer or bowl: Let butter sit to bring to room temperature and mix with sugars then add eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- Add baking soda to the 2 tsp saffron water then add to the mixer bowl with other ingredients.
- Mix in 1.5 cups chocolate chips and optional add in 1.5 cup max ingredients listed (3 cups in total max added this step).
- If setting some of the dough aside to freeze in an airtight container, now's the time to do it.
- Shape a cookie with a maximum width of 5", should be about .75" thick.
- Cook for roughly 8 minutes (will appear to be a little soft) for a medium softness and allow to cool on the counter. Add on .5 remaining cups of chocolate chips plus any other garnishes you like to melt onto the top of the cookies. I love to see the massive chocolate chips melt into the top especially with a garnish of flakey salt, edible flowers, or other to give it that extra pop.
- Show us what you made & enjoy!
What other kinds of recipes would you like to see? Leave a comment below or get in touch with us via email, text, call, or social media.